Monday, September 14, 2015

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Remember when I used to do weekend updates every Monday?

Yeah, if something interesting happened this weekend, I would have written about it.

Actually, something kind of interesting happened. Bug had a sleep over at a girlfriend's house. I dropped Bug off and the house was... not as clean as I would have had it.

Don't get me wrong. My house has been as messy as this house before, but I wouldn't have let anyone inside. This mom not only let me inside, she gave me tour.

I came home and thought about this mom and her house. She's a single mom with two kids, working fulltime. It's no wonder that she doesn't have time for a clean house. I don't have time now, and I have The Agent to help me.

(Then again, The Agent makes the majority of the messes.)

I loved that the mom was completely unashamed. She made no apologies for the state of her home. This is who she is: love it or leave it.

I picked up Bug the next day, and the house looked no better. And that was ok.

"Did you have fun at Cassie's house?" I asked on the way home.

"Sure, it was nice," Bug replied. "But next time, can Cassie come over to our house? Her house was a MESS!"

Oh. I guess I better start cleaning the house.





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!