Monday, August 17, 2015

A good Day

So. I told you that I applied for a promotion within my  company.

I don't know how many people applied for the job, but 11 people made it to the final interview.

I was one of them. And I bombed out.

When I got called into the boss's office today, I knew I was going to be let down easily.

But I didn't.



I am the new compliance manager in the office. That means I'm going to throw a shoe at you  if you write a check wrong or forget to write a letter or whatever.

I was completely flabbergasted when she told me I got the job. "Did you know all along that it was going to be you?"

Ummm.... no. No I did not.

I told her how I didn't think I was going to get the job because I didn't think my interview went well, and she gave me what I now I think of as a lollipop moment (If you've never heard of this, check out Drew Dudley's TED talk on Lollipop Moments).

"You could have completely bombed out on the interview and you still would have gotten the job," she said. "What people don't realize is that you're interviewing every single day. I would never make a decision based on a single interview. I look at what you do every single day."

So, I still have some issues, with depression or anxiety or whatever. But today was a good day.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!