Wednesday, July 1, 2015

BK's story

(This is a repost of BK's story. I received the phone call on June 29, 2009.) 



It was a Monday, and it started out like any other day. I was at my office, and I was thinking about The Agent, so I sent him a text: “Just thinking about how much I love you.” After I hit send, I instantly received a voicemail message. Somebody had called right when I was sending the text, so it went straight to voicemail.

The call was from our social worker, and she asked me to call her right away. Weird. We hadn’t heard from her in like three months. I called her back, and she told me the news. A baby boy, born two weeks ago, ours if we want him. Oh, Sweet Jesus. I can’t breath.



Our first picture. Yes, that would be a perma-grin on my face.


We met Baby 19 (who didn't even have a name yet) the next day. He was the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen. He had fair skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. So very very tiny.

We were told that Baby 19's birth mother had walked into the hospital two weeks ago, saying that she was pregnant and that she had never had any pre-natal care, but she was in labor, and would like to safely surrender the baby. She gave birth to a 6 pound, 1 ounce baby boy. Her situation was discussed extensively with a case worker, but she was very clear in her intentions: she was not able to raise this baby, and she wanted him to go to a good home.

The woman was discharged, Baby 19 remained at the hospital. The case worker told the woman that she had two weeks to change her mind and come forward, but she would need her hospital id bracelet in order to claim the baby.

The woman walked out, leaving the bracelet behind.

Because of our failed first attempt at adopting, I had told our social worker not to contact us again unless it was a sure thing, so our social worker had waited the two-week long waiting period before calling us.

Bug holding BK for the first time


We brought Baby 19-- now BK-- home two days later.

Please everyone, say a prayer now, thanking God for His ultimate wisdom. There is a reason for everything. This is it.



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!