Monday, July 20, 2015

4 Reasons Why I'm Sad and Grumpy

This started out as my weekend update, but then things went askew...

I don't know if you've noticed this, but I've had a case of the blahs lately. Not blogging much, and not saying a whole lot even when I do blog. I am grumpy and lazy and sad. So here follows the pity party.

On Friday, I applied for a new job. It's still with the same company, but it's a completely different position than what I do now. The salary would be the same as what I make now, but the ceiling is a lot higher, and it's a stepping stones for other management positions in the future. I felt pretty good about my chances, until I applied. Then my boss told me that another girl applied, someone who kind of already has experience in the position. I have a few things in my favor (I'm a college graduate and she's not, and for some reason, she started crying in the middle of the last interview she had???), but I don't think those differences really put me over the edge. If I was the hiring manager, I would probably hire experience over education. No interviews yet, but I'm no longer confident that I will get the job (not to mention that the last person who had this job utterly failed at it, so what makes me think I can do any better?)

Dang... I thought I had it

On Saturday, one of my close girlfriends, who happens to be The Agent's cousin, turned 40. I had asked her several weeks ago if she wanted to plan a GNO. She said she would have to think about it, and she'd let me know. Then her husband called me last week, and said they wanted to do a couples getaway in Tahoe. Ummm..... you want me to try to find someone to watch my kids for the whole weekend with only 5 days notice? Not going to happen! I could go, but The Agent would have to stay home. Then her husband suggested we go to Sacramento for the night, go out to dinner and then to a comedy club. That was more doable, but the two babysitters we use were both busy on Saturday. So, again I said that I could go, but The Agent would have to stay home. And you know what? HER HUSBAND SAID HE WANTED IT TO BE COUPLES ONLY. I was so hurt and mad. So, because my husband can't go (or didn't want to go), it makes me less of a friend? What if I was single? I wouldn't have been invited? The Agent said not to waste my time worrying about it, but it made me think that she clearly doesn't consider me a good friend.  And that made me think of my relationships with my other friends.... I don't really have any close friends. It's clearly because I'm a mean, horrible, bitchy person.



But no worries, I have my husband and kids. Except my husband was pouting on Saturday because I wasn't feeling like the sex kitten he wanted me to be. Why is he even with me? I'm not nice, I complain to him all the time, and I don't put out as much as he wants me to. Oh, is it because I'm SUCH a good mom? Not likely. My son is a habitual liar and my daughter is turning in to the neurotic basket case than I am. Good times for all.



So, all in all, not the most wonderful weekend. I feel like I'm sucking with my job, my friends, my husband, and my kids.




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. If it helps, I didn't put out this weekend either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Love it! And The Agent said I could put out three times a day every day and it still wouldn't be enough, so I guess there's no pleasing him!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!