Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekend Update-- Bikes and Legos and Paint

Dude. This happened over the weekend:


I hope you'll be able to see it, but if not, it's Bug riding her bike. She FINALLY figured out how to ride a bike without training wheels. Let me tell you, it was not easy. I told her she was going to be the only girl in the 4th grade who couldn't ride a bike. I told her that BK would likely learn to ride a bike before her. She didn't care. She sat in the parking lot and cried until The Agent basically had to threaten punishments if she didn't try. So she finally tried, with her screaming her fool head off the whole time.... until something finally clicked. And then she got it.

She actually fell twice, but never too bad, and she got right back up again. My little girl is growing up! Now she says she wants to do a triathalon. Sheesh. Baby steps.

Next task: teach BK to ride a bike! That might have to wait a bit.

We also booked out vacation this weekend! We are going here:




Whoo hoo! We were going to go to Disneyland, since BK has never been there before, but when we asked the kids where they'd rather go, they both said Legoland! Sweet! It's way cheaper and we'll get to go to San Diego! This isn't for a couple of months yet-- plenty of time to get excited... and hopefully time to lose 5 (or 10 or 30 or 53) pounds!

Finally, on Sunday, I went to Paint Nite with my girlfriend:



I am incredibly talented.

If you have a paint nite near you (and they're everywhere), you should definitely give it a shot. I don't claim to be a great artist, but I AM a great listener, and if you follow the instructions step by step, you WILL have a decent piece of art at the end of the night. My favorite part is seeing everyone else's painting, and comparing how we all interpreted the same instructions.

I brought the painting home and Bug went CRAZY over it. I knew it was too feminine for The Agent's taste, so I asked Bug if she'd like it hung in her room. She was so excited! Score one for Mom!

What did you do this weekend?


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!