Wednesday, April 15, 2015

too young?

Bug is 9. Isn't she cute?



She's smart and pretty and witty. She's going to be quite the catch soon.

But for now, she's a drama queen.

"Mom, you HAVE to let me shave my legs!"

"Ummm.... no. The earlier you start shaving, the longer you have to do it for the rest of your life."

"No, Mom. You HAVE to. A cute boy sat by on the bus the other day, and then he saw my hairy legs and he looked at me with DISGUST. I'm wearing pants until you let me shave."

"I'm sure you're exaggerating. Your legs are fine. And you're about to start swimming, the hair will fade from the sun and the chlorine."

Bug didn't answer. Instead, she took my phone and took this picture:



Hmm... she might need to shave.



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. The earlier she starts the longer she will have to, that is true.... but I would teach her how to if that what she wants. It's her body and let her embrace it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better my daughter was about 9 whenever she started shaving, well technically we used Nair on her legs and it kept the hair gone for quite a while. She's 11 now and just started actually shaving, its no fun doing it so young but the embarrassment of long hair is terrible for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!