Friday, March 6, 2015

Valley Days


I meant to talk about this on a weekend update, but I missed the last few weekends, so it gets its own post. 

Two weeks ago, I took the day off work so I could go with Bug to Valley Days. 

 

This is a day where all the third graders dress up like pioneers and go to this pioneer museum we have nearby and they spend the day doing pioneer-type stuff.

the kids walking in to the school house. 
Bug and her girlfriends... and a few moms 
At the roping station
Being a blacksmith

At the games station.... she was rockin' those stilts!
It was much harder for the girls to dress up than the boys. The boys were all good in jeans and plaid flannel shirts. This dad simply untucked his white dress shirt and borrowed his wife's floppy beach hat and called it done:


This was at the leather working station, which I was in charge of all day. I actually got the best job, because it was butt cold outside and this was the only indoor station. The kids pressed designs in the leather. My  Bug did the best one.... I wish I had caught a picture of her!

It was a good day.... much better than going to work!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!