Monday, March 9, 2015

Birthday Weekend

Last weekend was Bug's birthday weekend!

We had been planning a Pancakes and Pajamas party, and it was going to be really cute. But when we started planning the guest list, there wasn't REALLY anyone she wanted to have come, other than her two best friends. Well, I really didn't want to spend $300 for just two friends! So I convinced her to have a birthday weekend: Her best guy friend came over on Friday night, her best girlfriend came over on Saturday, and then the family came over for a family party on Sunday. She had a blast and she said she wanted to have birthday weekends from now on, instead of parties. I can live with that!

Bug and David
But I can tell that Bug and her best guy friend are drifting apart. Bug is really in to the American Girl dolls right now, and of course David isn't. David is all about those dang Pokemon trading cards. And God Bless Bug; she tried to take an interest. David was talking about one of the dang Pokemon guys, and Bug asked, "Oh? Is he the King?" You know, trying to take an interest. David looked at her like she was brain damaged and flatly said "No."

Dude, you collect cards from Target. Who's brain damaged?

But it's still a little sad. They've been best friends since kindergarten.

On Saturday, I picked up Bug's best girlfriend Ryan and we had a girls day of fun. We went out for manicures and pedicures:


 then went out to lunch (chocolate chip pancakes, anyone?):



then came home to bake cupcakes and play for awhile, and finally out to ice cream. Yeah, I made sure Ryan was super filled with sugar before sending her back home. It was ok; her parents were going out that night and leaving her with a babysitter. That babysitter earned her money that night!





On Sunday, my parents, grandparents, and brother came over for a family party. What a disaster. I was PMS-ing, and not drinking for Lent. That's an unpleasant combination for everyone, let me tell you! I was mad at my stepmother for buying tons of things when I asked her not to, I was mad at the Agent for not cleaning up the back yard, I was mad at my dad for picking up the dog poop that The Agent was supposed to have cleaned up, and I was mad at the whole family for wanting to spend the day in the crappy backyard instead of in the house I had spent the last week cleaning. Argh!














Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!