Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A to Z



All I ever imagined
Became almost real tonight
Creating possibilities,
Dreams realized,
Even the chance
For true happiness
Gripping onto that chance
Hoping this won't be the last
Ignoring that voice in my head 
Just a little bit longer
Knowing this can never work
Love this perfect can't be real
Maybe loneliness is best 
Never regret what was never had
Only fools dream so big
Please leave me in peace
Quiet the screams inside my head
Repeating the truth
Savor this moment
This one dream realized
Until the sunrise crashes
Vexedly teasing my desire to hope
Wiping away that chance for love
Xeroxed again and again
Yet still I pray, and still I dream
Zero is the chance I have now



Mama’s Losin’ It

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

5 comments:

  1. This is brilliant.
    This didn't read forced at all - like it didn't read as the a-z prompt because it flowed so well together :)
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so impressed with this! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - this poem...leaves me sad and aching. I know I've been there; I know I've said and done the same things.

    Jen - Pierced Wonderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I really wanted to attempt it and now I'm glad I didn't because no way would it have been this great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!