Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Update

I feel like the weeks are going by way too fast. I'm behind at work, my house is a mess, and my little blog is not getting the attention it needs. When will the madness end? I know, I know.... this is my life, so I need to embrace it!

I had to give a big presentation at work on Friday, singing and dancing and then delivering a serious message in front of about 80 people. I've been working on it for the last couple of weeks, but I must say, I ROCKED IT OUT! There were other people who spoke as well, but I believe my message was the most important part, and I was awesome-in-the-possum. The guy in charge of all of California was there (read: big dog with some serious cheese in his bank account), and he came up to me personally afterwards and told me what a good job I did and how he proud he was. This is before he hopped back on his private jet. Must be nice. But hopefully this means a raise in my future ('cause Lord knows I can't seem to get promoted)!



I had to work late so I could catch up on my actual job (and I'm still so super far behind), and then collapsed into bed before 9. Once again, another exciting night in the Lovely household.

The Agent went fishing on Saturday, so I was lazy with the kids most of the day. Things started ok, with Bug playing with the pottery wheel BFF got her for Christmas:


 But then roughly 3 minutes after this picture was taken, the wheel decided to stop working, and instead of asking me nicely to assist her, Little Miss Diva decided to throw a hissy fit and threatened to throw everything in the trash. Way to be mature, Bug.

I decided we needed to get out of the house, so I dragged them to Wal Mart to buy groceries, and then to JCP, because I felt I deserved a treat, so I made the kids pick out a necklace to buy me (well, not exactly... the kids went out with The Agent last week and bought me a necklace as a surprise, and my clumsy butt broke it the first day. I took it back to the store to get a replacement, but they didn't have any others that looked like the ones the kids gave me, so I had to come clean). This is the new necklace they picked out for me:



Simple and pretty. Love it.

On Sunday, I left the kids at home with The Agent while I went to a wine and paint class with BFF. I am not artistic at all-- I mean not even a little bit. But the instructor gave us step by step instructions and I was pretty happy with the way it came out!


Here's a close up: 


I mean, I know it's just circles, but still! I felt very artistic when I was done!

Meanwhile, The Agent was running boring errands, like getting BK's hair cut. Look at that cutie:


Something about a haircut always makes him look like a little punk!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!