Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend update

Ugh. What a hard weekend. Hold me. 

Our problems started Thursday night. We had baseball registration for BK so we grabbed a quick fast food dinner beforehand. Bug wasn't really eating. "My stomach hurts," she said. 

Still, she seemed fine at the baseball registration, running around and playing with the other kids there. I figured she was fine. She went to bed without incident. 

At 10 pm, just as I was going to bed, she started throwing up. And didn't stop until 2:30 am. Ugh.

When Bug woke up on Friday, she was still feeling really bad, but at least she wasn't throwing up anymore. She was having some bathroom issues ("Mommy, my butt is throwing up!"), and she still had a fever. The sad thing was that she had an oral report to give on Friday, so she HAD to go to school. The Agent was going to the school to watch her report, so I told Bug to volunteer to go first and then Dad would  take her home. 

That is what happened. Bummer, because I don't think she did very well on her report, but really? She's only in third grade. I think she'll still get in to college. 

The Agent was able to work from home, so I was able to stay at my office (and dealt with BK's drama at school. He's in trouble. Again. I will try write about his issues later this week). I picked up BK, put both kids to bed, and then we had a quiet evening at home. 

On Saturday, I made BK do chores:  


and then we went to the bank and opened accounts for both kids.  We've been giving Bug an allowance for the last year, and I want to start giving one to BK, but I never have cash and I forget half the time. I figured it would be so much easier if we could just transfer the money from our account to theirs each month. 

Bug was also allowed to take some of her money and buy a toy (she bought some outfits that would  fit her American Girl doll), and since I can't go to Target without spending money, I bought a spicy shelf. Have you seen these? I thought I would be able to use it to organize my spice rack: 


I must say, I was pretty disappointed. It isn't much better: 


Saturday night was also pretty uneventful. Bug still wasn't feeling that great, and BK was still in trouble, so they both went to bed early and The Agent settled in to watch a movie-- some crazy foreign movie with subtitles that required me to use more brain power than I have. Just as I going to bed, The Agent said, "I don't feel good. I think I'm  going to be sick."

And get sick he did. All night. 

On Sunday, The Agent still looked like death and was still running a fever, so I let him sleep while I took the kids to Costco and to buy groceries for the week. Probably for the best-- I always spend less  when The Agent stays home! 

We got home in the afternoon just as The Agent was waking up. BK went down for a nap while Bug and The Agent cuddled up to watch a movie. They're still watching it now as I type this, and I'm saying a prayer that BK and I escaped the crazy cooties that Bug and The Agent brought home! 

Hope your weekend was fabulous! 



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!