Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekend update

As you read this, I'm probably curled up in a ball crying, since this my first day back at work since Christmas. I feels like it's only been about three days, but at the same time, it seems like Christmas was over a month ago, Weird, I know.

We did absolutely nothing for New Year's Eve. The Agent told the kids they could stay up as late as they wanted... and then went to bed at 9:30, leaving me to stay up with them. Thanks a lot.

I expected BK to be out by 10 and then I thought Bug would be out by 11. Nope! They were both still wide awake at midnight. We did a count down, took a picture, and then watched the neighbors lighting off fireworks from the window. Then I turned off the tv and the lights, and told them they could still stay up as late they wanted, but they needed to do it in their rooms with the lights off, because this mom needed to get to sleep! They were both snoozing within 5 minutes.

NYE Selfie

On New Year's Day, we met my dad and stepmother for brunch, and then they came to the house to play with the Christmas toys, and then after they left, we went to Bass Pro to use up some gift cards The Agent had received for Christmas. He didn't find anything that he really wanted, so he decided to wait. Yay! A day of no spending, since my parents paid for brunch! :) I also made a delicious Black Eyed Pea and Ham soup. The family was skeptical, but it was super delicious!

I found the recipe here.

On Friday, we went to the movies. Or maybe we went before then. I don't know, the days kinda ran together a bit. Anyway, we saw Annie. I thought it was really good! I teared up several times. (Side note-- I started my period the next day, so maybe I was just pms-ing).



On Saturday, Bug had a playdate, so The Agent and I took BK with us while we went RV shopping, We have a trailer, but it's pretty small, and The Agent has it in his head that a motor home is what we need. We found the one we wanted... and then discovered that due to a blip in our credit, it will be 4 or 5 years before we can get one. More on this in a couple days, but it put a bit of a sour note in the rest of our day.

Sunday was also a bit of a downer, since always in the back of my mind I was thinking about how I had to go back to work the next day. We did our normal weekend stuff-- did some returns, bought our weekly groceries, and then came home and relaxed for the afternoon. The Agent was in a foul mood and was nitpicking every thing the children were doing, so I over compensated and let them make cookies. I'm evil like that.



The high point of the weekend was that Downton Abbey finally returned!

Downton Abbey series finale:Branson and Isis
link

Oh, Tom. How I've missed you!

Don't forget that the season premier of The Bachelor starts tonight, with Hottie Farmer Chris! I will be there to give you my recap of the night!




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Annie with Jamie and also liked it and we also made peanut butter blossoms. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!