Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekend Update



I think I mentioned already (or maybe you noticed from my lack of posts) that I had to travel for work this week. This was a very eventful trip, but I'm not sure that any of it is blog worthy. I also went to my work party, which was VERY blog worthy! Stay tuned for the story of that craziness.

Friday was uneventful, other than I got passed up for yet another promotion. The guy who got the job actually has the least amount of tenure out of everyone who applied. But I'm ok with that. I would rather have them promote someone without a lot of time with the company, because at least I don't know what kind of worker he is. If they had hired anyone else, I would have been more upset, because then I would have KNOWN that I was a better worker than that!

But here's the weird part. They called a floor meeting so they could announce this guy's promotion. The main boss of the office was  talking, doing general announcements, and the guy walked up to the front, whispered that he'll be right back, and walked right out of the office.

I was standing next to one my closest girlfriends from the office, who also happened to be the hiring manager for this promotion. From the positions we were in, we're the only ones who would see out the window. We had a clear view of this guy, who just got promoted. He was outside, pacing on the sidewalk. It appeared that he was talking to himself.

"Who is he talking to?" my girlfriend whispered to me. "Is there someone out there? Is he on his phone?"

"He's definitely not on his phone, and there's no one else out there," I answered. "What's wrong with him?"

"He looks manic. Is he bi-polar?"

"Dude, you hired a crazy person."

At this  point, we could see the guy take a deep breath and walk back inside. "Are you ok???" I mouthed to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he whispered back. "Nerves, I guess."

Welcome to the head of operations.

*******

On Saturday, I wrapped every present  and addressed all our Christmas cards. It feels so good to have that done! We also finished our teacher gifts:


I love how these little books turned out! I'll see if I can do a tutorial later this week.

Nothing else exciting happened on Saturday. The fact that I have all the Christmas presents wrapped is exciting enough.

*******

Sunday found us being social! The kids were invited to two cookie decorating parties: one in the morning, one in the afternoon. BK made the mistake of eating every cookie he decorated, so I wasn't able to take a picture. Here's Bug with hers: 


After eating 27 million cookies, BK wasn't in any shape to make it to the next party, so he stayed home with The Agent while Bug and I went to round two with her friends from school:


She came home with a belly ache, and joined BK on the sofa to watch a Wild Kratt marathon.

And I was finally done playing chauffeur and was able to drink a Captain and Diet.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!