Thursday, September 18, 2014

Travel Plans That Go Awry


 Write a blog post inspired by the word: travel

We are all very stressed at my office right now, but for once it's not actually about work.

One of my coworkers is getting married in November. He's having a destination wedding, and his fiance went to the wedding site last weekend to make everything was in order. She left my coworker at home, with their two young kids under four.

Their wedding was going to be in Cabo San Lucas.  But then category 3 Hurricane Odile touched down on Sunday afternoon, right on the day she was supposed to come home.


I was on this beach 8 months ago. 

On Monday, we know she was ok. She was going to be stranded there for who knows how long, but she was safe and the hotel staff was very kind to her.

But my coworker hasn't been able to get in touch with her since then. He has lost all communication with her. No phone, no internet, and my coworker can't get through to the hotel, either.

The poor guy is beyond stressed. He didn't come in to work at all on Tuesday. He came in for a few hours yesterday, but he wasn't doing anyone any good by being there. And it was so heartbreaking to watch him. It was like he was walking through a fog. He was there, but it was obvious that he so wasn't there at all. His boss sent him home after two hours.

We have no reason to think that anything happened to her. She's probably just stuck in the hotel, with communication lines down. Or maybe she lost her phone charger. But still. The whole point is that he doesn't know.

We all pray she gets safely home soon.

Mama’s Losin’ It


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. My mouth dropped open when I read this to the end... What a horrible thing to happen. My heart goes out to your co worker and his wife and family. Ugh... the waiting game is NO FUN, especially when it's waiting for something stressful like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That 'not knowing' and the worry...that will eat a person up. Any update on this? Is she okay??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!