Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekend Update

Hello, my friends! Happy Monday! 

We had another busy weekend, after a busy week! This was the first week of school, so we ditched swim practice all week while we tried tofigure out the schedule, but I was able to go to spin class every morning. Man, it felt good to get on that bike again!

Friday evening was a little bit of a let down. BK is having a hard time adjusting to kindergarten. He is very strong willed, and if he doesn't want to do something, he's  not going to do it. Apparently, BK has already had several time outs, and Bug even reported that she saw BK sitting in the front office. Dude. It's only the first week. I hope he can turn it around. 

So, in our house, when you're naughty at school, you don't get rewarded at home. So, while Bug got to stay up and watch a movie (as we do every Friday), BK had to go to bed early. 

On Saturday, The Agent decided he was going to work in his office, but he wanted to make sure that BK didn't have any fun. So what's the least fun thing for a 5 year old to do? Go to work with Daddy, of course. He didn't get to take any toys or coloring books or anything, he just had to sit quietly. This was him at 10:30 am: 

  
Later when he came home, I asked him how his day was. His answer was that it was "really really really boring." Hopefully he learned his lesson and this next week will be better! 

Meanwhile, Bug and I went out to breakfast: 


She ordered the belgian waffle with fruit, which she said was the BEST waffle ever. She ate all of hers and then proceeded to eat half of mine. Girlfriend can eat.


After breakfast, Bug and I did our normal weekend shopping at Costco and Wal Mart. We had hoped to make it to the pool, but that never happened. We need to get to the pool more! There's less than a month before it closes for the season! 

Sunday was girls day! A total of 14 of us rented a limo and went wine tasting in Apple Hill. I had been there a couple times before for apple picking with the kids in the fall, but this was the first time I had ever gone winetasting. What fun! 

I'm 6th from the front-- tallest girl there
 The weather was nice and the scenery was beautiful!









A selfie after countless glasses of wine

I came home tired and with a headache, but The Agent had grilled and dinner was ready and waiting for me when I got home! Another great weekend! 



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. Oo you're right, beautiful scenery.

    I hope things get better for BK! We start school next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This week is going much better! I think he's getting the hang of it!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!