Still, there's a lot of reasons to be excited to live in California. Allow me to elaborate....
* We have fresh fruits and vegetables all year long. I didn't know this was a big deal until I met someone from out of state who couldn't understand why our stores were still filled with produce in the middle of February. Apparently, some of you just have empty produce sections in the winter? This is a foreign concept to me. How do make fruit salad in the winter? Do you have to use (gasp!) CANNED fruit?????
* We have the BEST cheese. I know Wisconsin is known for their cheese, but have you ever had real California cheese? It's scrumdilicious!
|Happy cows come from California|
* We have Disneyland. Sure, you might live in Florida, next to Disney World. I've been to both. Disneyland is better. I know, you might disagree. Yes, Disney World is bigger. But Disneyland is more intimate... and you don't have to take a 30 minute bus ride to get to the next park.
* We are culturally diverse. This is another thing that I took for granted growing up. I have a friend who grew up in Iowa who said she had never seen a black person, other than on tv, until she was in college. I don't know, maybe she was living in some kind of children of the corn community. But every school and every community is a melting pot in California.
* Two of our governors have been famous actors. Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Sonny Bono was a mayor and a congressman, and Clint Eastwood was a mayor, too. Probably a bunch of others that I don't know about!
|"I wasn't famous enough starring in movies, so I think I'll run the country for awhile...."|
* My family lives here. I love that if I want to see my parents, it's only a 40 minute drive away.
* It's all I know. I'm 40 years old, and I've lived here all my life! I can't imagine ever living anywhere else!
What do you love about the state you live in? I want to hear all about it!