Thursday, August 14, 2014

It Rocks to Live Here

I live in California, which is pretty much the most awesomest state ever. I know that people who don't live here  think that we're all blonde surfers, and we all live on beach front property, next door to movie stars. That's not true. I do not live on the beach, or next to a movie star, I'm not blonde, and I've never surfed before.

Still, there's a lot of reasons to be excited to live in California. Allow me to elaborate....

* We have fresh fruits and vegetables all year long. I didn't know this was a big deal until I met someone from out of state who couldn't understand why our stores were still filled with produce in the middle of February. Apparently, some of you just have empty produce sections in the winter? This is a foreign concept to me. How do make fruit salad in the winter? Do you have to use (gasp!) CANNED fruit?????

* We have the BEST cheese. I know Wisconsin is known for their cheese, but have you ever had real California cheese? It's scrumdilicious!

Happy cows come from California
* Everything is two hours away or less. What do you want to do? Go to the City? The Beach? Skiing in the mountains? Swimming in ocean? Yosemite? San Francisco? Lake Tahoe? All two hours away from me. Let's take a day trip.

* We have Disneyland. Sure, you might live in Florida, next to Disney World. I've been to both. Disneyland is better. I know, you might disagree. Yes, Disney World is  bigger. But Disneyland is more intimate... and you don't have to take a 30 minute bus ride to get to the next park.


* We are culturally diverse. This is another thing that I took for granted growing up. I have a friend who grew up in Iowa who said she had never seen a black person, other than on tv, until she was in college. I don't know, maybe she was living in some kind of children of the corn community. But every school and every community is a melting pot in California.

* Two of our governors have been famous actors. Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Sonny Bono was a mayor and a congressman, and Clint Eastwood was a mayor, too. Probably a bunch of others that I don't know about!

"I wasn't famous enough starring in movies, so I think I'll run the country for awhile...."
* It's hot here! For a girl who loves the water, this is essential. I think it would be a deal breaker if it never got above 75 degrees.

* My family lives here. I love that if I want to see my parents, it's only a 40 minute drive away.

* It's all I know. I'm 40 years old, and I've lived here all my life! I can't imagine ever living anywhere else!

What do you love about the state you live in? I want to hear all about it!


Mama’s Losin’ It



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place with a variety of places to visit. It's much like that for me in Utah. But we do experience the four seasons, which I love. Although I'd love to have fresh fruits and veggies all year. We own a fruit orchard and it is always sad when harvest is done.

    Californians love Utah, too. Many come to visit and end up making their home here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. California is lovely, especially the Disneyland part. I LOVE San Diego...so beautiful there. But it's much too hot for me. I gotta have my rain and snow in the winter time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in South Texas (like DEEP South Tx) and the only time I saw black people was when we visited family in Houston. Now I live in Arkansas, but we're moving back to Texas next month to live on an island because I hate being in a landlocked state. We have fruit year around it's just more expensive and not as good in winter months.

    I used to think I liked winter but now that I've had snow for like 5 years in a row I'm over it. Ready to get back to light summer, summer, ultra summer, and fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you and I have never lived in California! I truly leave my heart in San Francisco every time we visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the 3 1/2 years I spent there. LOVED that I could have avocados there all year around and 99% of the time they were under .75cents.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!