Thanks to Miss Angie!
Here's how it works-the rules:
Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
Go to their page and tell them about the award.
Ok, so here are my 11 random facts:
1. I am left handed. I have the nicest handwriting of any left-handed person I've ever met.
2. I am the most unobservant person ever-- The Agent once shaved off his beard and mustache and I didn't notice until the next day... and that was after kissing him multiple times.
3. If I'm looking for something and I can't find it, I start to cry, no matter how insignificant the object is.
4. This is my second blog. My first blog still exists, but I don't write on it anymore. My anonymity was compromised. There's only one person in real life who knows about this blog, and that's my best
friend from high school.
5. I've been doing this world-according-to-Lovely detox for almost a week now, and I've lost adecent amount of weight. I am afraid of gaining it all back when I'm done. I'm also a little afraid of becoming obsessed with weight loss.
6. I have some self esteem issues. I get emotional if I am not the center of attention around my friends.
7. I turn 40 this year (in November). I am old.
8. I have an irrational fear of the dentist. I take amnesia drugs whenever I have anything more than a cleaning. I had a cleaning last week, and I was crying in the chair, even after they gave me some gas.
9. If I get in a fight with someone, like not just an argument but a real shouting match, I feel awkward around them for years afterwards. I got into one such fight with my girlfriend's husband several years ago. They got divorced last year, so I can finally be normal around her again.
10. I did the voice over work for a commercial a couple years ago. I would wake up early to make sure I could see the commercial on tv-- It always played at like 6 am on Sundays. They don't play it anymore.... I think the store went out of business.
11. I had 3 imaginary friends as a child: Sissy, Sandy, and Butterfly. They were three sisters. Sissy was the bossy one, Sandy was nice but always followed whatever Sissy did, and sweet Butterfly was the little one who never spoke. It's apparent that I had issues, even then.
And here are the 11 questions that Miss Angie gave me:
1. What is your number one hope for 2013?
to be happy. I even have a necklace from Lisa Leonard to help remind me.
2. What changes are you making for yourself this year?
Well, I have a list of 52 things... not changes really, just little tasks that I hope will make me happier.
3. What inspires you to keep blogging?
It's a diary, and I'm a writer. For me, there's really no other option.
4. Who do you blog for?
I really just blog for myself. A lot of the time, I'm giving an outlet for my thoughts, sometimes hidden within a meme or a recap of the bachelor. The fact that you read it is an added extra bonus.
5. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
I can't imagine it changing that much... I might have a few more followers, and I'll be worried about how Bug is almost a teenager, but it will still be about me.
6. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I went through several phases-- a marine biologist, a lawyer, a bartender.... but most of the time, I wanted to be a teacher.
7. What is your greatest accomplishment?
8. What advice would you give someone trying to get healthy?
The key is to eat less and exercise more, don't expect to lose it all over night, and your state of health is subjective.
9. What's your fondest childhood memory?
I had a happy childhood, but I can't remember a particularly fond memory. But most of my memories involve a cat, the swimming pool, or camping (never all three at once!)
10. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? If so what are they?
Ooh, my Uggs! They are oh so comfortable. I dream all summer of the day when it's cold enough to pull them out of the closet. I am not convinced of their cuteness (they look so cute on everyone else), but I am willing to give up cuteness for comfort when it comes to my Uggs!
11. What is one health trend you wish would just disappear?
The shape ups by Sketchers. They don't work and they look like orthopedic shoes!
Now I'm supposed to come up with 11 questions:
1. Do you watch any reality tv? What's your favorite?
2. What's your favorite snack food?
3. You have 30 minutes in the house to yourself: what do you do?
4. Are you going to decorate for Valentine's Day? Tell me about your decorations!
5. What is the weather like today where you live?
6. What do you do to get yourself out of a funk when you're depressed?
7. What was your first job?
8. Who were you rooting for in the Superbowl? Did they win?
9. Describe your perfect date.
10. If you found out you were pregnant today, what baby names would top your list?
11. Show me the last picture you took on your phone.
Finally, I need to nominate 11 people for this award. This is already the hardest part for me, I never know who to nominate. Therefore, I will nominate the last 11 people who commented on my blog at the time I wrote this:
2. Everyday Life
3. She Says...
4. Where's my Padded Room
5. Jamie & Us Now & Forever
6. Writing my Life Away
7. Here Comes the Human
8. Searching for Sanity
9. Cake Girl's Kitchen
10. Sisters from Another Mister
11. Beverly is Yarn Crazy
Have fun! Let me know if you play, I'd love to read your answers!