1. You are no more than a year older than her. There's not going to be any freshman-senior romances here. You will be her age or a year older. And I'm really being generous with the year older thing.
2. I have met you before. And preferably I've met your mama, too.
3. You will park your vehicle, walk up to the door, knock, and make small talk with her father. If you sit out front honking on your horn expecting my Bug to coming running out to you, you're going to be waiting a long time.
4. You will not call for a Friday night date on Friday afternoon. Bug needs at least a 24 hour notice. Any sooner would leave us to believe that your first choice cancelled on you.
5. You will give me your cell phone number. And I will test it before you leave so I know it works.
6. You will be a gentleman. You will open every door for her. You will listen attentively to everything she says. You will compliment her beauty and wit. Repeatedly.
7. You will expect nothing from her.
8. You will get her home on time. If I say she needs to be home at midnight, you will not pull up at 12:15. You will pull up at 11:45.
9. You will walk her to the front door. You may give her a kiss on the porch-- I'm not a total prude-- but you will not have a full make out session. And know that I will be watching you. And so will her father. With a shotgun in his hands.
10. You will call the next day. I don't really care if you had a good time or not. You don't need to ask her out again. Just call, say you had a nice time, hope to do it again some time.
What do you think... too much? Did I miss any that are super important? What would you add to the list?